Sunday, June 14, 2015

Working with Gen Y

This post came out from The Straits Times (6 December 2014)
Title - Learn from Gen Y

Some pointers that I've got are:

  • Results matter, don't judge how I work or when I work
  • Give me space/room to work
  • Let me have fun, make it enticing to come to work
  • Inspire me, be authentic
  • Just because I question you, it does not mean I am a detractor or disloyal. In fact, that reverse is true; I care, that's why I speak up
  • Don't be so hung up on your title and position because it doesn't mean much to me
  • Be honest, tell me what you feel, don't try to mask it as I can see through your mask
  • Let your hair down and stop being such as "stuffed shirt"
  • Don't judge me on my weakness alone. I have a lot to offer - tap on my strengths and show me the ways of your world
  • If you want something done, tell me what you want and I will do it
  • Stop meddling, get out of the way, I am happy to give you credit for it


Yours,
Something Small Thinking Big

No comments:

Post a Comment